Women’s Self Defence classes
In February 2018 The Guardian released results which showed that one in five women in England and Wales experience some kind of Sexual assault. This is approximately 510,000 women. 3.1% experience some kind of sexual assault.
We want to give as many women as possible the tools needed to be safer, skills and strategies to get out of any situation that they might find themselves in. Even though we hope that the skills learnt never get used in a real life situation. We want to teach you, to feel that you have the ability to deal with any unsafe situation with confidence!
Here are some advice
- If you can then go out in groups, try to avoid being alone.
- Don’t use your phone while walking, always be aware of your surroundings
- Walk wide when turning corners
- improve your responses, train the flinch response to respond to sound, movement or touch
- If you get a bad vibe from someone or a group while walking down the street don’t be afraid to turn around or cross the road
Benefits of joining these classes
- Sharpen your Focus
- Improved Flinch Response
- Increase your fitness level
- Improve your awareness
- Build up your Self Confidence
- Be a force to be recon with!
Here is what Eleri said about Sifu Paul’s Classes
“Definitely recommend Paul’s club. Paul is a very skilled, knowledgeable, empathetic instructor. He delivers a fun, relaxed class. You leave feeling empowered ￼”